Here is what we can look forward to together….
With the state-ordered ban on large gatherings as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic, how we “do church” has changed dramatically. Most churches have moved to some form of online worship and teaching, but some refused to obey the state-mandated order.
Although we no longer meet in a building called a church, we are still the Church, the Body of Christ. Even though it is strange to gather using computers and phones, we are still coming together for mutual support and encouragement. As most younger people know, online communities can be as vibrant as “real life,” but is it biblical? By paying careful attention to what the New Testament says about the Church, the Body of Christ, we will find there are many ways to “do church” as long as we focus on the reasons for gathering together in the first place.
During this 8-week series we will explore:
- What is the Church? Defining the Church for the Twenty-first Century
- The Church as the Body of Christ
- The Church as the Temple of the Holy Spirit
- The Ministry of the Church: Following the Model of the NT
- The Ministry of the Church: Gifts for Ministry
- Unity and Diversity: Dealing with Differences in the Body of Christ
- The Church and the World: Submit to Authority or Resist the Empire?
- Worshiping as the Church